Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23: Morning Pages via 750 Words (with prompting from the comfort cafe)

Combined two tasks into one

2010 Word: Tangible Soul
Intention: Presence. Listening. Opening.
Have to: Do tech week, which means I have to find my script to review today! LOL. That is top priority.
Could do: More art. My assemblage remains unfinished and I want to finish it. I am feeling less rigid structure right now as I am easing off some of my theater workload so it will open more space for other creativity.
Let go of: Being anything other than exactly who I am in this precise moment.

Source/Spirit/God, I am ready to receive inspiration and guidance so I can more fully see and live my strengths. What do I need to know?
Trying answering with your non-dominant hand or after a bit of meditation or yoga or walking in nature or breathing into your heart.

As I consider the next few days, where do I automatically assume I don’t have a choice in what I do?
I don’t have a choice in regards to the tasks on the mommying chart. I always need to get Samuel to school fully dressed, for example. I always need to make sure they are fed and reasonably content. I choose to make the most of each moment, constantly imbuing them with positive memories and associations. Play as well as work. All emotions expressed, even what some perceive as “negative”. I also have Kat’s final awards night on the 26th, I don’t have a choice nor would I have a choice. I also feel choiceless about tech week. I need to be perfect. That is a privilege and what I want to do, especially given the character I am playing who is a living, breathing, incredible human being. (Robin Tyler, activist and performer.)

Clue: look for places where are you are saying, “That’s just how it is” or “That’s what they expect from me” or “I don’t have a choice.”

I will also consciously look out for the language I use when faced with choices this week.

What would I like to change about my plans for the next few days if believed I could do more of what strengthens me? I don’t think there is anything I would change, actually. I have created my life to be pretty… much in flow with who I am… which is the source of my strengths or perhaps part and parcel of my strengths. I will be doing more outreach about my programs, AND I try to consciously keep that as a part of the flow, too.

Let yourself dream.

What sensual beauty calls to me? Wow. This is another specialty (strength?) of mine. I am thinking of yesterday, on our trip to the River, Kernville, Sequoia. We did the standard photo shoot and then Michelle opened it up to anyone to do anything and I had a different dress to wear and I told Michelle I wanted to take some shots in the River. What I didn’t realize was that as soon as I put my toes in the River I knew I had to become INTIMATE with the river. It was probably 55 degrees out there and I went waist deep into the river and fell into complete bliss – all because my toes touched the water and I said yes to the river. Across the way I had noticed purple wildflowers and I pointed them out to Alison. We had a coup de photo shoot and insisted we cross over to the hillside and wow, the photos are phenomenal and we fulfilled a dream come true of photos in the wildflowers for Alison. All because of allowing the senses to draw us forward.

Coryn and I continued this in Kernville in a moment with flowers that looked like lavendar and then, sniffing the inside of a burned (good for their growth, actually) Sequoia. Later in Sequoia I sat on a bench and cried, humbled by the beauty of it.

I am a voluptuary and proud of it. Another strength. (Cameron calls me a sensate, but I think voluptuary is more fun to say and since it rejoices in the curves, I am all about it!)

Spring is about beauty, let it nourish you!

What relationship needs my attention this week? Katherine. I need to be sure to pay attention to her as she faces the last two weeks of high school. I may plan some special breakfasts, since she is so busy the rest of the time.

I love that my list of “I loves” is so long, I doubt I could fit them on a page or use words to contain them. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment