Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20 Morning Pages a la 750 Words

Last night I sang at karaoke at Rusty’s. It had been a while. Jeff said, when I was done, “Yeah, she is a pro.” I get embarassed when peopled say stuff like this because I still don’t see myself that way. The other odd thing about Rusty’s is they know I did a Korn video and last night, at least one of the staff was looking at me in that weird, “Wow, you hobnob with famous people” ways (and yeah, I hardly call what I did hobnobbing with famous people) and then I got this dread about when they actually SEE the video, what will happen vis a vis their opinion of me.

Will MTV allow the horror movie like images or will they just do the crazy middle aged couple portrait thingee? It will be interesting to see if any Korn fans recognize me. I loved that experience. Makes me want to check Craig’s list for more gigs.

So, poems this week. Still haven’t written the three word wednesday although I suppose I could try again – did the rough drafty thing yesterday. I got the wordle prompt for the Big Tent poetry. those women love words, find words I have never heard like Sapient and Caparison, which looked like a typo at first.

She doffed a bright fuschia caparison
huddled beside a olive cloaked sapient woman
who offered a tincture of kumquat and
molly prayed there wouldn’t be a glitch
She fondled her purse and the only
thing recognizable were the crumbles
from this morning’s cinnamon swirl

See, almost done.

Story telling poem, not emotional based poem. I am only 269 words in and I am bored already. Celtic music playing, candles going, coffee beside my hands, how can I be done or bored or simply not inspired all ready?

Rehearsal went well last night. I saw Jess and all those CSUB people who are doing Merry Wives of Windsor. I see them striding around together with regularity. That one guy is directing a Christopher Durang play (which, by the way, I need to look up for auditions…) I wonder what it would be like to play the Southern Belle mother sort of person. I think it would be a blast and then some leftover blast babies to pepper the rest of my life with.

I am still shocked to continually get compliments for my work as Charlotte. Delighted and shocked. Ready. Ready. Ready. Ready. Ready.

Above resolutions. Above resolutions. Heavy armed. Nap after done with this. Snuggling into the bed, feeling the support against the small of my back. Getting closer. Almost 450 words.

Love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul love love love love tangible soul tangible soul tangible soul love tangible soul love tangible soul. Fed the dog and the cat.

I wear worry like a cloak, red, knit, warm but what is the word?

Tenuous.

five hundred words.

Sip coffee.

bag pipes.
Classical music.
Something fell down my shirt.
Switched to classical. Better for memory. Wait, slickster girl. Wait. slickster girl. I smell slightly sweet is it my candle or Hank’s meal? I type. I type. I type.

Love. Abundance. Sip coffee. Love tangible soul. Love tangible soul.

Choose poems for Chap Book.

Motherhood

Womanhood

Being an artist

Spirituality

I have lots of separate topics I could teach from and use

Sounds

Soul

Spirit

Ok. Find another word and write it. (Ominous music slips by, moaning and pounding its chest. Blahhhhhh!

Proof – Burden in a backpack
Shoulders carry it, gently, roughly, unconsciously.
It is just a pack.
It is just a rucksack.
It is just everything.
It is just nothing.

I was shocked at his concern being solely money. There is a problem there, a complete opposite of my problem, Balance is where health lives. Balance is where health lives. Balance is where happiness lives. Balance is where tangible soul lives. Tangible soul tip toes amongst the mulberries.

I miss my students. I want to teach again. I want to hold court in the lessons of life, wisdom. Almost less, wait – there is less, fewer lower count of words. I am down to less than 50. Live365.

My eyes are heavy. My eye lids are heavy.

I am dressed like a bag lady and I need a shower. What a fabulous combination.

Pink heart pajama pants
Almost stylish scoop necked blouse
Hand me down knit sweater,
boastful red, adorns my shoulders
What an ensemble
What a look
Remind me to change

No comments:

Post a Comment