Tuesday, April 27, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day 27: Julie's Response to Retrograde

ReadWritePoem called today to write an acrostic, which is a grand (and fairly easy) model to write. I chose to use “Julie’s next increase” simply because of the personal process I have been engaging in recently, a sort of beginning again phase for me – it feels good and I have to remember to remember feeling good again is what is supposed to happen. J

The opening sentence is the perfect preface and adds to the acrostic a sort of moment of promulgation… like the trumpeter at the top of the stairs announcing my return…

Julie’s Response to Retrograde

I snooze, I dream, I hear – awaken – speak:

Jubilance may be the word to
Use to describe the way she moves,
Loves, lives, negotiates every
Inch of this world she inhabits
Engaging, she is
Sustaining, she is

Not long ago and then it feels like
Eons ago when life crashed at her feet
X’ed out her liveliness, became coated in
The big three of death, cancer, atypicalness

It’s time to integrate, break free of meaninglessness
New life now with lessons from those days deep
Congruent, carefully constructed and crafted
Richness found in what remains
Energy has returned, restored, rebalanced
Abundance taps her shoulder, accepting again
Satisfaction opens the curtain, sighs felt in cells
Excellent awareness: exact, enroll, enlighten

No comments:

Post a Comment