Friday, April 30, 2010

Free Within - A Memoir - Cento of NaPoWriMo 2010

I learned a lot during NaPoWriMo 2010. I learned I overused the word “fester”, for example, and I learned I could write poetry while traveling. I was across the countyfrom my home, in Massachusetts in the beginning of the month. I spent April 1 at Emily Dickinson’s home in Amherst, Massachusetts. Two weeks later my daughters and I went on an overnight adventure to San Francisco: I wrote there, too.

Today’s grand finale is an amalgam of each poem I wrote this month. It is longer than thirty lines because I wrote more than thirty poems. The lines were chosen at random: I only plugged one line into a different spot after it was pulled.

I edited in a few words simply so the reader would not be distracted, too much, even though Centos are not always the smoothest conglomerations of thought, I wanted this to make sense if at all possible and I believe I accomplished that goal.

Infinite thanks to my fellow poets. Especially to the readers from ReadWritePoem, and my tears and sadness is surprising me, your presence in one spot will be missed. I plan to be a part of the new website so I may continue growing alongside those of you who show up there. Your presence has helped me to evolve as a poet.

Keep moving your pencils, everyone. Love, Love, Love.

Free Within: A Memoir – Cento of NaPoWriMo 2010

Free to write here now in the
Juniper: the home of the (or is it his?)
Body – a lust emporium – which
In the midst of blue, I reflect…

Lowest totem pole playmates or simply
Remembering “You are here!” YAY

An unexpected perk,
She heaved into
The veins on either side
Wiping her mouth, feeling
There – like that – that’s much better

The page is my alarm
My call to write
From three dimensional color to one
I hover at the end of the question

Would your specialness have been vacuumed?

Stow the memory of the
Chickadee song from the
Pink floral grove –
I can’t believe its not Monday

Stare back from the page
Stretch arms

Stigma, stirring the air
Homage to what is real
In the woman, quietly opening
Her after vacation email box
A mackinaw blanket across
The rotten stench of her departing
Fat cat pinot noir

Abundance taps her shoulder
In the shadow of the black mirado warrior
Adolescent’s grating laughter waves farewell
It has met feng shui with contours

And leaves me/her alone
I snooze, I dream, I hear – awaken – speak
Our babies who live
Boil over, effervescence within

No comments:

Post a Comment