Saturday, June 19, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cookie

I pushed my face into the snickerdoodle
Colored flowers and my reward
Was a rush of sweet vanilla scent
And thoughts of you

And several hours later
I told you

You responded with
“I stood, naked, under the midnight stars
two states away from where you
were fast asleep with a man who wasn’t me
and thought of you. So there.”

There was where I wasn’t
When we were more we than
You and I are now
Memories laced with your voice
Float into my view
And I wonder what would
Have happened if my
There then was more here then
Would we be more of a we now?

The point stifled to a less than less,
I think I may once again push
My face into the snickerdoodle
Colored flowers and be rewarded
With rushes of sweet vanilla scent
And thoughts of you

No comments:

Post a Comment