Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Oh, I Would Like to Be Close!"

Well, Nobody’s perfect – but for once, I would like to be close.

Vaguely close to quintessence, now there is a word

Close enough to smell perfect in the just-right splendor

Of a perfect dawn – snuggled up, skin-to-skin,

Within someone I love the sky transforming from

Deep blue to purple to a hint of light to

All my favorite lavendar pinks orange yellow mauvey

Sunburst forth in vivid, lively confidence

Fresh, crisp, porridge that neither burns nor freezes

Coffee brewing in the background

A pencil and notebook, waiting, at an antique

Mahogany desk, soft robe to wrap me in as

I find the ideal words to describe, to evoke,

To engage, to invigorate, to connect with

You and him and her and them and us

Yes. Nobody’s perfect but oh, I would like to be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment