Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It started with a poetry prompt

and became something of a call.

Reminds me of my “On the Edge” series.

Am looking forward to where this one takes me…. am beginning today…

(this is not the stuff I normally write of)
My shoulders reach to my ears
muscles cramp at the reality of
hatred, thwarting efforts to focus
on good, right, holy, loved
I prefer bumper stickers
that proclaim “Shift happens”
and “Love wins” to the semi
abusive “My loser student beat
up your honor student”

(this is not the stuff I normally write of)
and why not, for once, stretch into
degradation, filth, chaotic and
flashingly romantic disarray?
wouldn’t it be better to soak
in the stench of maggot laced garbage
than the unbelievable rainbows and
butterflies of blinder wearing ice
skaters who refuse to experience
the all which this life offers?

(this is not the stuff I normally write of)
so this week, I will

No comments:

Post a Comment