Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Picture to Pull (a blitz poem)

Create a life
Create word pictures
Pictures tell tells
Pictures don’t lie
Lie to me
Lie big monster
Monster to drink
Monster for hire
Hire this servant
Hire this woe
Woe to you
Woe is I
I have fear
I have fear
fear has nothing
fear is powerless
Powerless without me
Powerless all alone
alone is fine
alone welcomes solitude
Solitude bears promise
Solitude holds fear
fear gives in
fear cries gratitude
gratitude sings joy
gratitude opens up
Up look up
Up sky clls
calls Julie Hi
Calls Blue eyes
eyes see light
Eyes see dark
Dark hides facts
Dark brings fear
fear whispers faint
fear urges more
more terror here
More frustration there
there isn’t here
there isn’t now
now breathe slowly
now really hear
Hear dark words
hear tough lessons
lessons arrows find
lesson’s gentle pull
Pull my soul
Pull my pulse
pulse…
soul….

No comments:

Post a Comment