Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25 Poem #1 - Lantern Poem X 3

There is a young poet in the blogosphere named Marinela. It was at her blog that I learned about the “Lantern Poem” which she describes as a short poetry form where the words taken on the form of a Japanese lantern.

Being one who adores new forms, I took the Sunday Scribbling prompt “Dinner” and laced it into this new-to-me form of the Lantern Poem.

Not sure how well I did, but I enjoyed the process and will write more. (My more came so quickly I wrote a Suite-of-lanterns featuring a character named Clyde who apparently enjoys tormenting people who may be hungry.)

FIRST LANTERN – (and we’ll go backward through three meals and three poems.)

“Eat
dinner!”
Clyde bellows
“I can’t eat this!”
Dooonnnnn’t

SECOND LANTERN

“Lunch!”
Hooray!
Clyde suggests
Fermented stew?
NO!

THIRD LANTERN

Dawn
Stretch arms
Breakfast time?
Clyde brings sausage
Ewwww

No comments:

Post a Comment